Buffalo Wings In Hell
Recipe submitted by Suzanne’s Kitchen
This is an incredible recipe that I had the pleasure of trying first hand down at the Peppers Tailgate Party in Rehoboth Beach, DE. It only made sense that with National Chicken Wing Day coming up we would have some friends over to celebrate. So, I cooked these wings up for them using Frank’s Red Hot as my 10 oz bottle, and was surprised at how easy it was to prepare. They came out super tender, and the jelly added a sweet heat to the wing. Not only that, but our guests loved it so much they practically begged me for the recipe. So here it is… enjoy! -Brian
- 5 lbs Chicken Wingettes
- Salt and Pepper
- 10 oz Bottle of Hot Sauce
- 9 oz Jar of Suzanne’s Kitchen Pepper Jelly
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp of Water
1. On a cookie sheet, season wings with salt and pepper. Bake chicken wings for 40 minutes at 350° or according to package instructions.
2. While chicken is baking: preheat your grill, and melt pepper jelly in microwave for approximately 2 minutes. Thin jelly with 2 Tbsp of water and add the salt.
3. When wings are out of the oven, toss with bottle of hot sauce*, then grill until well charred. Extinguish flame and baste both side of wings liberally with pepper jelly mixture.
*Suzanne’s tip: Stop here and you can store in fridge up to 2 days and finish on your grill at a tailgate or party!