Recipe submitted by Kramer’s Gourmet Foods
This is the first Wing Rub that I’ve heard of and had to give it a whirl. The unique spice blend works perfectly in creating that added extra heat. I recommend the Buffalo style because the Frank’s Red Hot hits you with the heat on the lips in the beginning, then the Wing Rub follows that with a smack to the back of the throat. This is a great recipe that is just perfect for the grillers out there that refuse to fry. -Brian
- Chicken Wings (Thawed if Frozen)
- Kramer’s Wing Rub: Easy Pickin’ (Mild),
Finger Lickin’ (Medium) or What Was I Thinkin’ (Hot)
- Olive Oil
1. Cut wings at joints. Discard tips (can be saved for chicken stock).
2. Season both sides of wings liberally with Kramer’s Wing Rub.
3. Using gloves, rub seasoning into meat.
4. Liberally drizzle wings with olive oil, creating a seasoning paste.
5. Let marinade in fridge at least 20 minutes, and up to 5 hours. The longer you wait, the deeper the seasoning will penetrate the meat.
6. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
7. Grill 20-30 minutes, turning frequently, until cooked through.
To Make Buffalo Style Wings:
1. Follow steps 1-7 above.
2. While wings are grilling, combine 1/2 stick unsalted butter with 1 bottle of Hot Sauce.
3. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
4. Toss cooked wings in bowl with sauce.
5. Transfer wings to oven safe dish and allow sauce to heat on wings in oven.
6. Serve hot with dipping sauce (if desired).