Recipe submitted by Heartbreaking Dawns
I made these wings during Labor Day weekend, and man did they deliver. I followed Johnny’s advice by heavily coating the chicken in the Cajun spice blend and threw them on the grill. One thing you should note is to start the grill on a lower temperature, then when you see the juices seeping out, kick up the heat to a medium level. This will prevent the spice rub from burning and give it a great blackened chicken look. Be prepared with the sauce, you heat lovers, because this one is HOT. The main thing I loved about the dish was that it carried that immense heat, but you could still taste the other combined flavors. -Brian
- Package of Fresh Chicken Wings
- Heartbreaking Dawns Storyville Cajun Blend
- 1 ½ Cups Heartbreaking Dawns
1841 Ghost Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Melted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Cider Vinegar
- 4 Key Limes
- Crushed Sea Salt
- Crushed Black Pepper
1. Pour out a lot of the HBD Storyville Cajun Blend into a dish. Dry the wings with a paper towel, and blot them directly into the Storyville to coat well.
2. Grill the wings until they are cooked through and still nice and juicy.
3. While the wings are cooking, mix the 1841 Ghost Pepper Sauce, melted butter and cider vinegar in a sauce pan.
4. Add the juice of 4 key limes and a little crushed sea salt and fresh crushed black pepper.
5. When the wings are ready, toss them in the sauce and serve.