Pappy’s Quick Pepper Pickling Process
Recipe submitted by Farmer Pappy
If you have an abundance of hot peppers, this pickling process is a quick and easy way to preserve them. This recipe yielded two pint-sized jars of pickled peppers which were the perfect topping for sandwiches, wraps, and as an extra kick on Buffalo wings. The jalapenos added the right amount of heat while allowing the pepper’s unique pickled flavor to come through. -Brian
Click here to watch our video demonstration.
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 6 Tbsp “Sugar in the Raw”
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 4 garlic cloves – minced
- 1 tsp dried summer savory
- 20+ Jalapeno peppers sliced into rings
1. Combine water, vinegar, sugar, salt, garlic, and summer savory in a cooking pot over high heat.
2. Bring mixture to a vigorous boil insuring that the salt and sugar have dissolved.
3. Stir in peppers for several minutes and remove from heat.
4. Let mixture cool for 15 minutes.
5. Transfer mixture into 2 pint size glass mason jars and refrigerate for 3 days. Peppers are now ready for consumption and should be kept refrigerated until finished.